We are happy to inform you about the processing of your personal data. Your personal data will be digitally and medical data will be stored in writing. We do this to provide you with good care. We process your data in accordance with our privacy and data security policy. You agree with this storage (processing) by allowing your care to be carried out by our practice.
This is how we deal with your personal data:
- We store your personal data and use it so that we can provide good care to you.
- We will only pass on your details to third parties if this is necessary for the delivery of good care. If specific permission is required on the basis of the law, we will ask you in advance.
- We process your data on the basis of the treatment agreement as described in the Medical Treatment Contracts Act (WGBO).
- You can view parts of your personal data. Send us a written request.
- If you feel that the information we have stored is not correct, you may ask us in writing to adjust your data.
- You can ask us to delete your personal data. If we do this, we may no longer be able to provide responsible care to you. The WGBO requires a storage period of 15 years. That is why we store your data in an inactive archive, invisible and unusable for the normal user.
- You can withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data. We can then (possibly) not guarantee responsible care. We store your data in an inactive archive. (see above)
- You can lodge an objection with us if you do not agree with the way we process your personal data.
- You will receive a message from us if something has gone wrong with your personal details.
- We do not process your data longer than necessary for providing good care. We adhere to the storage periods of the WGBO.
- All the above also applies to personal data that we receive via third parties.